Our facility revolves around our residents and the nursing department. We employ Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses and Competency Evaluated Nursing Assistants (C.E.N.A.). We continue to be one of the largest employers in Schoolcraft County.
Schoolcraft Medical Care Facility is the only Skilled Long Term care facility in the county providing short-term rehab as well as being here for those that may need extended stays. We accept a variety of insurances.
Quality and Continuity of care is our constant commitment and goal. Our staff provides the total nursing needs to our residents to maintain quality of life which meets their individual standards. Licensed Nurses provide medications, treatments, contact physicians, monitor charts and document information for continued care of our residents. C.E.N.A.’s provide care on a daily basis to ensure optimal physical and psychological well-being.
Our Restorative staff works closely with our Physical and Occupational Therapist to increase and maintain mobility and independence.
We currently have a wheelchair accessible van for assistance in transporting residents to and from appointments.
Our nursing department strives on working with all departments to ensure that residents are given every opportunity to reach their full potentials. You may call the Director of Nursing, Brenda Barber, RN at any time M-F with your questions or concerns.
We have a beautiful dining room; full kitchen staff including cooks, servers, and a Registered Dietitian, Denise Greff.
We have religious services in our chapel during the week to accommodate all denominations and in-room services when needed.
THERAPY benefits for our residents:
- Immediate admissions are available 7 days a week
- Access to therapy services (PT, OT, and Speech) 7 days a week
- Individualized, high-intensity therapy is available for up to 100 days
- Long-term therapy available under the Medicare B program
- We communicate with your primary care physician, so they are informed of your progress
NURSING CENTER benefits of our residents:
- 24-hour supportive nursing care
- Activities program which helps to:
- reinforce residents’ goals achieved in therapy
- keep resident connected to activities that are meaningful to them
- give resident access to try new activities as they choose
- Social work services ensure psychosocial well-being and effective discharge planning
- Nutritional expertise on-site, which helps residents have more energy in therapy
- Age-appropriate peer groups to support your social needs
- The ability to stay in your hometown community
- The option of entering the nursing center directly from home or after a hospital stay